Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I get viruses?

My parents keep telling me that if I download games, I'll get a virus. They may be right, but there is just one game that I play and i don't get viruses from it because i trust it.



I'm trying to prove them wrong, so how else can you get Viruses?



The computer i last had, i had it for 3 years, and it was loaded with viruses and malfunctions. AND i had Norton. How do i get viruses?



How do I get viruses?antivirus



The MAIN WAY:



Using a Windows computer, and surf the net with Internet Explorer with Security settings on Medium or lower.



Other ways:



Downloading any file that ends like ABC.EXE, called an executable, which, when opened, does whatever it wants to your computer.



Leaving your computer unlocked and on the internet or on a network. Usually, without a firewall and no passwords to prevent unauthorized activities, a hacker can ''see'' your computer on a network and break in using old hacker tricks on people who easy passwords like abc, 123, computer, windows, ''password,'' etc. Being hacked across the web doesn't happen so much because so many people are online, and many computers change IP addresses all the time.



Leaving your internet explorer settings low opens you up because Javascripts and other scripts on websites run automatically to ''enhance'' your web experience. Only hackers use this exploit computers instead. To remedy this, use another browser, like Mozilla, Opera, or my favorite, FireFox.

No comments:

Post a Comment