Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are computer viruses a scam?

I know someone else asked a similar question but I would like to add a few more details. I believe that computer viruses are a scam and companies like Norton and McAffe make tons of money off of basic computer users because they don't any better. The first point I would like to support my claim is the fact that most computer viruses are purely an inconvenience. They don't stel information or email addresses, the don't stop you from working on important tasks, nor do they stop your computer from working. Most of them hit you with annoying pop ups and inappropriate images. If I were a criminal minded virus created wouldn't I want to damage something or at least get a credit card number or two? Also wouldn't I want to be able to see the effects of my handy work?



Are computer viruses a scam?nortonantivirus



Harmless? A scam? Hardly. At one time it was ''script kiddies'' but no longer.



Today it's all about making money. Perhaps Eugene Kaspersky, founder of anti-virus maker Kaspersky Labs said it best, '' It's a different world today. 10 years ago, we were fighting against smart kids who hacked as a hobby. Now, we're dealing with criminal gangs that control your computer to make money. Different world, different protections.''



http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,207...



Are computer viruses a scam?spyware

No comments:

Post a Comment