Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I keep getting viruses with the name win32???update.?

My problems started last night, I turned on the computer to find that I had 4 viruses by that name. I clean my computer of the viruses, then later, I had gotten 2 more. This is when I thought that maybe these viruses were coming from my automatic updates, so I turned them off. Am I right, or could it be something else? I was reading somewhere on the computer, that updates are vital to my computer, that without them, the computer would be more apt to get viruses and other things. Is this also true?



I keep getting viruses with the name win32???update.?matchless



Seems to be a lot of Win32 problems these days. You do not say what anti-virus program(s) you are running. The first thing I would do is go back and check the status of my firewall and adjust as needed. The next step is to go to the website CNET.com.



In the bottom left of this page you'll see downloads. Open it and search for the free versions of AVG and Antivira AntiVir. Dowload them immediately. Run AVG then the AntiVir. AVG will help clean most virus but not Win32. The AntiVir will clean it!! Add Adaware, SpyBot, etc. for malware and spyware screen and you can clean and keep your system clean daily.



The AVG and AntiVir can be set to auto run and update the programs daily so the Win32 does not avail itself to your system. It took me a week to get rid of that nasty one but this worked in one try. Both are slow so be prepared, however, it is worth the time. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment