Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is my computer prone to viruses?

My computer has become very slow. I think it may due to some virus attacks. I read from a site that a few anti-virus programs installed on a computer will help reduce risk of spywares. I have installed AVG and Windows Defender too. But within days, my computer was infected by viruses already. I am an active downloader, and the fact that my computer's working slow, i do not get to open even a webpage at all! I do not know whether my computer working slow is really due to virus attacks, but I really need help on how to speed up my computer and reduce risks on virus attacks. Any help is greatly appreciated!



Why is my computer prone to viruses?antivirus



Why is my computer slow? I bet you have asked yourself that very question time and time again. And for the most part, you probably just can not figure it out. Ask the guy next to you, and they probably don鈥檛 have the foggiest idea either. I mean, you may get the 鈥渟pyware,virus鈥?answer, but this most likely is not the case.



The first place I check when my computer starts to run slower is the registry. Yes, the registry. Most people don鈥檛 even know what, or where the registry is, and especially don鈥檛 understand how this can slow a computer down. Let me explain.



Basically, the registry files contain information and settings for all of the software, hardware, operating system software, and anything else running on your computer. Mess any of these files up, and the computer does not know how to function. The computer goes to start up the software, looks for the registry files, and either can not find it or finds something that does not look like it is suppose to look like. It then just sits there: it does not know what to do next. This is where the 鈥渉anging鈥?or 鈥渓ocking up鈥?of your computer comes from. These files will need to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment