Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are these viruses? or are they needed?

my dad uses the net for dating (and he's like what? 50?) It's embarassing but what can i do. Msot of the time he stumbles onto the occasional virus site and downloads what's needed to join the site (him being computer illiterate and all installs away)



I wish i could tell him to make me double check first, but seeing him online-date grosses me out.



Anyway, due to his constant virus accepting, I know some of the more obvious viruses. But now, i just checked program files and saw some folders that were... weird. Maybe my dad installed stuff, i dunno. but some are just weird.



Please tell me if you know what are the following folders for, coz i don't know:



ADC-Soft\BJigsaw



BFG



Bonjour



ffdshow



microsoft frontpage (no capitalizations...)



QuickSFv



xerox



i know i could check online, but.. they could be virus sties y'know. im kinda traumatized.. ^_^



ahehe i hope sum1 could help.



Are these viruses? or are they needed?internet security 2006



ADC-Soft\BJigsaw (educational game)



BFG (video card driver?)



Bonjour (installed by Itunes, Apple Inc)



ffdshow (video codec, don't delete)



microsoft frontpage (open and see whats in it..but uninstall microsoft frontpage to see if it actually dissapears. if it doesn't then its a virus, obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment